Unread post by Secret Squirrel » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:36 pm

12th July 2007 03:01 PM

Name of scammer: ANTHONY ADAMS

Scammer's known aliases: Reverend Cathy George

Scammer's known email addresses: rev_cathy_george@yahoo.com

Scammer's known telephone numbers: 2348057814282

As reported on Fraudwatchers;

::THE SCAM::
i saw a listing on http://www.petsnextday.com by a "Reverend Cathy George and how she has two 10 wks old maltese puppies for adoption. after an email exchange i found out that this "Reverend Cathy George" had taken her puppies to West Africa with her because she was out there doing some charitable work w/ an aids orphanage. hurt over a recent lost of my pet i didnt think about it and responded again and told her i would be more than happy to adopt her puppies from her. after the 2nd email exchange rev. george replied again to another "DEAR FRIEND" email (as seen below) and requested that I send the $ immediately. after rcv'n this email i began to think. hmmm... why the rush in asking me to send the $? then i realized this was probably a scam and immediately this reminded me of a scam that dr. phil had mentioned. how people were posing as his staff members by creating an 800 number and asking callers to send over some $ and in return dr. phil will call and talk/counsel them over the phone. BIG LIES!!!!!!! so if you come across this info or an email similar to this one PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

:: SCAMMER INFO::
Name: Reverend Cathy George
Email: rev_cathy_george@yahoo.com
Send Western Union $ to: ANTHONY Adams
Origin of product: LAGOS-Nigeria
Amount: $280

:: THE EMAIL (This is the 2nd email)::
On 6/28/07, Rev. George <rev_cathy_george@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Friend,

I received your email letter to me with the assurance of handling the puppies very well. I am quite ok with your assurance. And as you may know, the puppies were right here with me in Africa, and my reason of giving it out for adoption was because I have realized that African is not a suitable place for such pets, and moreover my mission here as a pastor would not allow me to be taken care of the pets.

I have already inquired from the shipping company to know the cost of shipment, and I was made to understand that the cost for shipping the puppies is $280.

Therefore you should send the fee by western union money transfer on the name of the shipping agent who is working directly in the airline. The informations is as follows:

RECEIVER'S NAME; ANTHONY ADAMS
DESTINATION; LAGOS-NIGERIA
TEXT QUESTION; HOW MUCH
TEXT ANSWER; $280

Once you make the payment, you should endeavor to send the western union payment informations such as the senders name and MTCN number.Upon the confirmation of the above required fee, I shall proceed immediately to the shipping company for shipping the puppies to the residential address which you had forwarded to me, and immediately after the shipment, I will forward the shipment tracking number to you.

I advised that you should send the money today so I can complete the shipping arrangements before the end of today, as I will very busy immediately after this week, because my crusade will be taken place by next week..

I await to receive the Western Union information with your residential address for me to proceed with the shipment. kindly give me call if needed 0112348057814282.
Regards,
Reverend.

Stop 419 Scams and Scammers : Disclaimer